9.1.06

You Know Winter Quarter Has Arrived

When Pamela is back in the room kitty-corner from mine, ready to talk, cuddle, watch movies, whatever.
When my floor becomes covered with little stacks of papers and textbooks.
When Stuart and my bed become my best friends.
When my socks are perpetually wet from walking/wandering the South Park Blocks.
When I walk out of almost any given building to be greeted with the aromas of coffee, bento and smoke.
When, in the course of a day, I come across various folk - on the bus, on the street, in the blocks - carrying items such as snowshoes, snowboards and skis.

Huh. Winter is weird.

6 comments:

Pamela Joy said...

See this is the kind of cute little post I SHOULD have written today. For the awkward boring post I DID write refer to my blog...
mwah, love you ally

Emma Rose said...

when... I get to see my Allison more than once a week! yay :)

Megs said...

one of these days i will be included in that cuddlin' moviewatchin' chit chattin partai!
love love

Lola Bacon said...

When our dear friend Alyssa tells me she ran into our dear friend Millie, and I hove hope of dinners and movies and games again!

Court said...

yeah..... thought what are you doing for reading break. I was kind of thinking you and me should get to together and drink some of that coffee.

Danny said...

I love those smells!!! Who would have thought, coffee, bento, and a little rain could make such a teriffic smell. I think I should get that in a scent and wear it... well maybe not...