7.3.07

Triumphant..

I just walked into my room, decaf earl grey and frosted graham crackers in hand, and I smelled something good. Yes! Finally! Usually my room does not treat me to a pleasant smell, no matter how clean it is. I made sure to burn two of my best smelling candles today - cranberry and melon - in hopes that I might come home to something sweet. It worked. I'm happy.
I'm also happy because my jr hiers tonight seemed to connect with the lesson. A number of thoughtful and difficult questions were asked, and some usually scattered minds (and hopefully hearts) were engaged.
And - little bonus - I wandered over to Costello's in between running errands and church to do a little homework and kill a little time, and Josh showed up! I believe this is a first. We actually ran into eachother somewhere. Granted, Josh usually hangs out there on wednesdays, but I thought he wasn't going to this week, so it still counts.
And then, tonight after youth group when some of the kids/leaders kick the soccer ball around, I joined (this in and of itself is an accomplishment) and I actually kept the ball up! And I hit it with more than just my feet (so it was only my knee, but it's something).
I love days full of accomplishments; they're so few and far between.

2 comments:

emelina said...

okay. this is just weird. i kid you not, i am sitting at my desk eating graham crackers with frosting right this very minute. AND for the past week, my room has been smelly, but only around my desk. i can't figure it out. maybe my room stole your smelly?

Megs said...

hahhaha i love that she wrote her room stole your smelly! BAH HA.... i'm stoked that you had a day full of lovely accomplishements!