8.4.07

Le Weekend

It's been a busy week/end - Spring quarter, the Schrecks in town, Good Friday and Easter... pretty crazy. Crazy and fun. I don't know why it surprises me to think back over the weekend and see that life sort of revolves around food. Of course, as a Baptist, I've always known that church revolves around food (but hey, Jesus was down with that - think of the miracles of food/bev, the feasts, the last supper, etc.) - Easter being no exception. We did not join in the church food festivities of the day, but rather went home for a lovely mostly traditional dinner. Also, in showing the Schrecks around the Portlander haunts, I became more keenly aware of the different aspects of Portland cuisine. And, as the Schrecks were made aware, I have to think especially hard to come up with appropriately located cafes and coffee shops that are interesting but not too weird.
Here we have Josh and Emily eating Tilamook ice cream in Cannon Beach (Emily's first experience of Marionberry Pie ice cream!), and Josh with the siren.

3 comments:

lyss said...

Ah, yes. Jesus and the miracle of the "food/bev", haha. I enjoyed your wording.

Pamela Joy said...

Haha, I thought you would enjoy that photo. I got your paket! It's so great! Thanks so much! You are such a dear.
Mmmm... I'm so glad God gave us tastebuds and made us eat. What a great gift and a great reminder of our weakness.

Court said...

Hello, I have a blog again.