24.8.07

"I Think of All of You as Gamecocks Now"

I'm currently sitting in a computer lab in the first basement level of the library at USC. It's cool down here- subterranean Columbia is bearable, as it turns out, unlike the surface, where even at 8:15am one becomes sticky with the humidity and heat. Actually, it wasn't so hot this morning. I was waking to meet Josh at Cool Beans (a very cool coffee shop, indeed) this morning, and I was able to walk at a somewhat normal speed. This is a great achievement for me. I have not walked at more than a crawl since I arrived.
As I am in a computer lab, and not in my room using Stuart, there will be no pictures posted today. Sad. But soon, I am sure.
USC, though I may complain about it's warmness, is really beautiful. I've taken a few pictures, but it's a little challenge because the camera lens fogs up. The buildings are mostly either brick or yellow plaster with white columns. The trees are quite nice... palmettos, oaks, magnolias, crepe myrtles and more that I have not learned yet.
I should probably head up top and see what is going on in the world. Or maybe find out how to connect my computer to the internet.

1 comment:

Pamela Joy said...

I'm so glad you're there and getting all settled. This is going to be a terrific year for you I hope!