25.10.09

Learning is Habitual

I don't know if it comes from being taught at home growing up, having been an English/Art History major where books, even novels, are a student's primary source of learning/education/homework/etc, or simply from having this be my first year after about 18 out of my 25 years of life where Fall was not synonomus with "Back to school", but I find myself unable to keep myself from rabid reading these days.
In the last couple of weeks I've read ravenously. Some of the speed that has gone in to reading these books has come, in part, from the fact that they are not all exactly sitting in the stacks at the library waiting for me to request them to be drug up from the depths (as is usually the case). We've had some things on hold for weeks that finally came - and then I was stuck in a long, non-library book I wanted to finish, so the race was on: finish the non-library book fast enough to be able to read the others, and make sure to read the last ones really fast since Josh had to read them all first, too. Crazy.
So, the last few books were read as follows:
Inkspell, C. Funke
A Monstrous Regiment of Women, L. R. King
The Case of the Late Pig, M. Allingham
A Wind in the Willows, Grahame
Birthing the Elephant, Abarbanel and Freeman
The Unlikely Disciple, K. Roose

No comments: