10.11.04

Allison The Stupid

So, I spent the weekend in Edinburgh, Scotland, where they have famous people with names like "Robert the Bruce" and other such names involving 'the' something. I herby dub myself Allison the Stupid because I, for a very very elementary reason, found myself unable to post on this blog for quite some time. It will not happen again, unless I have another memory lapse.
Heh. On a happier note, Hello to you all, I miss you. It's funny how here at Capernwray we all cling to eachother because we're together and everyone else we know is away. I realized it was like that when my Daddy Mark (the dad in my capernwray family) went to give a series of lectures on Corinthians at Bodenseoff in Germany for 10 days. My bros and sisters and I were so sad that he was leaving. And then this past week as we were all on travel weekend, not seeing Pamela (my roommate form Corvallis) was so traumatic. Hanging out with bascially the same 4 people rather than teh same 170 people was just insane. We all came back on monday night hugging and saying "I missed you so much!!" Heheh. Kinda pathetic, but hey - we're all we have.
I have found myself adjusting to England more than I thought. The money in Scotland, though it is the £, looks different and I was totally werided out by "different" money. And also I've discovered that I dont have to think about what side of the road to walk on. And I can tell where in England people are from by their accent, which used to be a challenge. And, most importlantly, I have learned to say knickers rather than panties, pants rather than boxers, and even More importantly, to say trousers rather than pants. Hehe.
Well, not to worry, there wont for a long time be such thing as a long post from me, as internet time is always lacking. Hopefully the next post will be Edinburgh pics.... Yeah, I think it will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU - hilarious post :) I just got off the phone with you. So, have a lovely day, t

Emma Rose said...

Hey you! Good to see you back, finally. :)