4.12.05

History of Modern Design Final

So I told some of you (okay, maybe just Daveo) that I'd post a picture of my designed final when I finished it. So here it is. I'm sorry I suck at taking pictures of my artwork. Seems to be a problem. The only way I could keep it from having nasty flash action was to stand it up but it's too flimsy and I'm too lazy to find something better to prop it on, so it's bent a bit in the middle. I'm sorry. I don't have the time or energy to do any better. Still haven't decided if this is exactly what it's supposed to be, but I thought it'd be a whole lot more fun to try than a 4 page paper.
Technically it's an Homage to Hannah Hoch, German Dadaist designer. I'll also post one of her works (circa 1930) to give you an idea of what i was attempting to emulate. I was amazed to find how hard it is for me to give up my own style. I know I can immitate her photomontage style, but ... but... I want to do it my way. I hope that doesn't sacrifice my grade.

5 comments:

Lola Bacon said...

Umm.... come to my house please. We need to hang out.

° ÐãVeØ ° said...

I really like it!
It does resemble Hoch's work, although I totally see your style in there.

P.s. is that your foot in the bootom of the picture? Cos it kinds looks like a baby's hand. Hmmm, well, a squashed baby's hand.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work, Allison. I want a copy of it.

Pamela Joy said...

Just a thought but... couldn't you have propped it up on your drawing board...? I love it though - it's even better in real life.

Allison said...

Hehe... yes, Daveo, that is my foot. (I had to do something to keep it from just sliding down.) Good call, Pam. But that would have involved trying to find somewhere for Pisa in the mean time and that would have been way too much work. :D hehe.
Dang it - Bob and Lita I want to see you guys. :(