20.1.07

What I Learned

My Linguistics professor tried to impress on me the importance of writing down the cute little things that kids say. I generally forget, but yesterday I heard something so cute I just had to write it down.

Henry, age 3, and I were looking at some hidden pictures and were looking for a highly stylized caterpillar - looked something like a bent saw. I said to him, "Okay, we're looking for something with spikey, jagged lines." He stares intently at the page and repeats, "Spikeabee, jaggalee lines!"

So I came home from work yesterday having learned two new adjectives which I am fully planning on using from now on.

3 comments:

lyss said...

Haha! That's great!

Megs said...

spikabee! so radicul! oooheee! SAN FRAN!!

° ÐãVeØ ° said...

Unbeknownst to some, both "spikeabee" and "jaggalee" are adjectives in the Oxford English Dictionary and are used by professionals, myself included.