11.2.07

What Does it All Mean?

Probing Single Molecules and Single Nanoparticles by Surface-Enhanced Raman

Foam Structures with a Negative Poisson's Ratio

Purification and properties of the inhibitory guanine nucleotide regulatory unit of brain adenylate

Derivation of pluripotent stem cells from cultured human primordial germ cells

Melting and densification of thermoplastic powders

Association with phosphatidyl inositol...

Morphology of polymer blends in the melting section of co-rotating twin screws extruders

Site-directed mutagenesis of the cytoplasmic domains of the human beta 2-adrenergic receptor

High-pressure biotechnology in medicine and pharmaceutical science


Okay. I consider myself to be an at least normally intelligent human being. Or at least I did before this afternoon when I made the grave mistake of google scholaring "science". No matter how I look at the above titles (the first page of search results), I can make no more sense out of them than if they were in Serbo-Croat. I got momentarily excited over the words derivation and morphology because I learned those words in Linguistics... though I somehow think they are not being used in the same way.
But pluripotent? mutagenesis? Yikes. As for multi-syllabic words, I'll take phenomenological, dialectic and chiaroscuro any day.

4 comments:

Emma Rose said...

my brain kinda hurts now. thanks, al...

Janice said...

rob whitaker. oh how i heart him.

Unknown said...

thank you for saying serbo-croat. that just made my day. and those words are frightening but no worse that pseudomembranous collitis, lycoperdonosis, ecchymotic, and galatosidase. yeeaaaahhhh for nursing!

hey i miss you, little missy! call me when you have a moment?

Court said...

I'm happy with being stupid.