8.5.08

Change Crazy!

This morning on tv they were talking about dealing with change. Some woman who wrote a book or something was saying to remember to "seed": Sleep. Eat healthy. Exercise. Drink (water). I think I can handle that.
Yesterday Josh came over and helped me move out of my apartment. Mallory moved out on Friday, and the other three of us moved out yesterday midday. Moving out is a change, and we're all in for a lot more changes to come. As for doing well with change, that "seed" idea is probably a good thing. But, as the weather is getting hot here, I already have to do most of that to survive the heat. The sleep thing is a little challenging, though.
Between studying and packing, which might have kept me busy enough to not get enough sleep, this week I watched my first Bollywood movies with my roommate Ekshita. Two nights in a row we watched them - and, as E warned me half an hour into the first one, Indian movies are longer than American movies. That is quite true. Three hours later we were wrapping up the movie. But it didn't ever feel like 3 and 1/2 hours - the plots were so involved, and between the incredible characters, songs, and absolutely fantastic dancing, there is no going to sleep at a reasonable hour. The first film we watched was called Rang De Basanti. I won't bother talking about it because I can't do it justice. Then we watched Kal Ho Naa Ho, which I also loved. Now I feel like I'm addicted and it's too late! E is off to NYC and then back to India (as we speak), and then back to SC, where I will not be. I'll have to see where in Portland I can find some Bollywood. But I won't have E to tell me when they are actually speaking Punjabi not Hindi, or when the subtitles for the songs are off, and what is going on with the Hindu traditions - and which building her dad works in, etc. But it will remind me of her, and it will be fun.
As will these next 3 weeks of living with the Schrecks and trying to organize and pack all of our stuff.

No comments: