20.5.08

Entering into the Final Week

I sort of kicked off this week with a lot of sweat. I know 79 with 60% humidity doesn't sound that bad, but I'm sitting here with sweat running into my eyes and down my cheek, with my shirt (rather, Emily's shirt hehe) stuck to my body. I'm trying to make up for this past semester's sloth by running everyday. It's not quite been every day, but I'm making an effort. (Yay Sonic happy hour.)
Last week we did a lot of sorting and organizing to both pack and get ready for the garage sale Saturday morning. I'm glad I was given that little window into Josh and Emily's childhood... Emily's became the pink and purple dolls and doll house side of the garage, and Josh's was the scattered g.i.joes and leggos.
Since we did our packing trial run on Sunday, this week isn't so busy. Well, there is a little more packing to be done (Josh's room looks like a sweatshop explosion combined with a luggage store clearance), but at least we know it fits. Also, we were given an added blessing when someone (Twigs, I think) suggested we look for a snowboard rack on Craig's list so that we wouldn't have to deal with packing ours. I wondered what the chances of finding one here in South Carolina would be, but lo and behold Josh found one in Irmo in perfect condition for only $50! Fantastic! Now Boaz is all ready for his big trip West with his new tires, rack and USC sticker.
We're getting ready, too... after this week's excitement of Emily's graduation and senior recitals and that sort of thing (and a visit from the relatives and a wedding in Beaufort), we'll be ready to do the final packing, mapquesting, and get on our way!

1 comment:

Janice said...

mmmm and then the west coast will officially have you two back again. which is lovely. did you get my thing?