8.7.08

Tuesday's With Tracy

[Or, Things I Love About Portland.]

-It can be hot in the sun and still cool in the shade.
-PSU feels much more crowded during summer session because it's actually nice out (so people actually interact and congregate outside).
-Cars stop for pedestrians at crosswalks.
-I saw a guy with a 3-ring binder talking to some girls in the park blocks about the difference between poverty and dire poverty.
-You might hear this said: "We used to care about the environment and stuff and then we were like 'give us some chemicals!!" (in other words, people here have been interested in the environment before it was popular to "go green", and also know where to draw the line).
-Hooters on Stark closed.
-Coffee shops have happy hour.
-I can go downtown wearing whatever I want, and no one will notice or really care (exception: tourists).
-Three white pickups in a row are noticeably out of the ordinary.
-I can hang out with my sister - not just over the phone.

2 comments:

Em said...

Sounds delightful...we'll join the crowd in a few weeks for a few days...just a few for you

Em said...

....just a few days until your big day :)