24.7.09

Reading Again

Recently I read "The Reason for God" by Tim Keller. It reminded me how, among many other things, I have not read many good, serious books recently. And that was somewhat on purpose: I took a break from brainy reading after I graduated. It was good fun, let me tell you. But then I started realizing things I haven't read in a really long time... things I have forgotten to even think about.
So, I grabbed "The Great Divorce" off the shelf and threw it into my work purse to read on breaks. And for my birthday, I received "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan (part of the Passion movement).

Here's a couple of quotes I wanted to share from reading in "Crazy Love" this morning:
God doesn't just want us to have good theology; He wants us to know and love Him.

Some people claim that we can be Christians without necessarily becoming disciples. I wonder, then, why the last thing Jesus told us was to go into the world, making disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey all that He commanded? You'll notice that He didn't add, "But hey, if that's too much to ask, tell them to just become Christians - you know, the people who get to go to heaven without having to commit to anything."

No comments: