28.7.09

Down the Rabbit Hole


On my half hour break I like to head down and outside for my little sun fix. I would call it a nature fix, but the only nature in sight is a few trees. I suppose the sky and my fellow human beings are nature, but you get my point.
My long break is now my snack break. I eat lunch on my short early break so that I'm not too hungry on the long break. This means I can actually sort of eat dinner when I get home! Yay! This week's fruit (I always buy too much fruit at a time so I only allow myself to buy one kind at a time) is the peach. I love peaches. I love bringing them to work, though the sharp knife I bring to peel them (their little fuzzy skin hurts my lips) makes me feel kind of dangerous and scandalous (no weapons allowed at Kaiser). Anyway, I peeled my peach and headed to the entry with all the elevators, excited for my 20 min outside. The far elevator dinged, and I stepped on, unable to resist a bite of my peach before I got outside.
As I bit the extraordinarily juicy peach, the elevator decended. And I had the oddest sensation of being Alice, taking a bite of the mushroom and shrinking.

1 comment:

Em said...

sounds lovely