30.5.05

Really Now.

In the last 4 days I have been told, by 4 distinctly diverse people with an attitude of great shock that I am "very normal" or "so normal" (various things along those lines).
Tell me, how does that work? From one of those people in particular, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to take it as a compliment, but in the context they claimed it was a compliment.
The context was each of these friends finding out that I was homeschooled and homeschooled not just a year or two but my whole schooling experience. Heather was possibly the most shocked, and the funniest about it. Somehow last night Austin discovered it, too. I would have thought he would have known, but evidently not. (Well, we were out on a walk and were making things to talk about because we realized we didn't know anything about eachother. I guess knowing that I was homeschooled is pretty key.) Potter also didn't know, but but that's no suprise- he tends to not always know a whole lot. And that is said with the most love. Daniel also didn't know till today, but he also doesn't know that much about typical homeschoolers, being from the South of England.
Still enjoying the amusement from hearing people tell me I'm normal.
And then going on to describe that what they ment is that I'm socially not inept and that I'm cool and that I know how to speak my mind and hang out, etc.
So there's your funny thought for the day.

3 comments:

Emma Rose said...

Hey now! We other homeschoolers resent all this stereotyping. We didn't know it was international. Homeschoolers are people too, you know!

Josh said...

Except their weird people - not so normal in any sense of the word ;-).

Emma Rose said...

Ahhhw.... thanks, Josh! Appreciate it. ;)