3.5.05

Synchronicity

"Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell what you have and give alms; provide yoursleves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart is also."
Luke 12:32-34 and vs 30b - "your Father knows that you need these things."
These verses I trust are familiar to all. We recite them and put them aside. It sounds good to say that you'll invest your life in things that "matter" rather than material things, but then we go on living as usual.
The other day I was reading these verses and didn't even realize they were one of those famous, classic passages because God showed me something totally different. He showed me trust this time. I had been confused on how to practically and actually "put my trust in God" or "give it up to Him" in any specific area. So I was reading, looking for something that would make sense.
And it came to this.
Do not fear, little flock, it is the Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
When Jesus speaks so gently, so understandingly in a passage about worry, it shows me how desperately He is trying to convey that "no really - listen! you really Can trust in God, place your treasure with Him, because it's not that He just wants to help you get by, but it is His *Good Pleasure* to give you what you need." How could I not trust Him?
Sunday night Toby gave a message on stress. (Which ended up being really focuesed on how stress comes from not trusting God, and from doing things For Him rather than letting the Holy Spirit to it)
Monday night for family group Linea gave a devotion on trust.
This morning Jill Briscoe spoke about joy and contentment that comes from trust.
I guess it really is true that when you ask God to tell you how to do something He'll tell you. And when you're a really slow human being who's stuck in her own little world, He'll tell you 4 different ways.
Maybe I should pay attention, hey?

No comments: