18.10.05

The Weirdness [and Goodness] of Life.

  • Entering I-84 at 9:30am to experience traffic not going over 2mph.
  • Finishing a book on "witchcraft and oracles among the Azande" only to move on to a book observing retired Jewish seniors living in a SoCal "ghetto".
  • Encountering people who bring puppies to PSU. (For Bob: I didn't see your cat person, but some girl walked into the bathroom -there on the first level of Cramer- today with a puppy in tote.)
  • Opening a refrigerator that holds no milk.
  • Knowing you're getting old when you receive loan information, credit card applications and nothing else in the mail.
  • Seeing someone play the vibes and utilizing the pedal. (I didn't know they had pedals for vibes.)
  • Drinking a Laguna Beach sub strawberries for blueberries add banana less ice double blended and being bothered by the fact that I can't recall who used to order something like that.



5 comments:

kaylie said...

I now know how it feels to remember someone's smoothie drink, where they work and what they did last weekend but not their name. I miss my regulars when they don't come in, I love making nutty bananas because of how they smell, I feel really bad when I have to tell customers that I can't make their usual because we don't have any more mangos, and I realize that my own special creations would be atleast 10 dollars because of all the extras I put into them. Oh the life of a smoothie girl...kinda like a barista or bartender.
We can relate on a whole new level now.

Court said...

Your a strawberry- mago blended drink. So there. It's not funny in print. Dang it!

emelina said...

oh my gosh, weirdest thing ever. I totally had a "sighting" last night at The Gathering. I was sitting in a corner with a college guy named Josh i had just met, but when a customer walked in and ordered his coffee, I was so overwhelmed with Bibo deja vu that I turned to Josh and said, "Do you ever see people that remind you of other places and other time?" He gave me the funniest look and was like, "the guy who just walked in? yeah. he looks just like somebody i worked with this summer."

And I hadn't even specifically said it was that guy! Weird.

Anyway, I explained briefly about Bibo sightings and missed you so much right then, Mili...

Oh to be back in my sweet Portland, keeping up on the lives of our old customers...It makes me feel like a stalker.

Josh said...

scary.

Lola Bacon said...

was that one of Ginger's drinks? Oh wait, no, she's the one that got something different all the time but always added beat juice.

hmmmm.....