23.5.06

Grr Roar [Whines].

Hmph.
I woke up tired and disgruntled this morning after a series of dreams involving sand, car chases, sneaking through some house and fear of small places such as the little sideways backseat of a pickup. I reached over to my phone to see what time it was, and on opening it witnessed 3 little pieces of my phones fall to the floor. Now it hangs together by one hinge. Please don't break. I left the house late after making a series of stressed phonecalls regarding the phone situation, but managed arriving at the stop 2 seconds before the 8. The Mark Building was open, finally, but it was sadly filled with highschoolers. Nothing can dampen the experience of P.A.M., though, with its new German Expressionist installation (go check it out) and my discovery of the 4th floor of the building - there aren't just three. Amazing. It stopped raining by the time I exited down the stairs and proceeded up the remaining 5 or 6 blocks to Chinese Film, wherein we started a thus far good film, Chinese Box, but received our Narrative Structure papers. I am now meeting with the professor at 9:30 tomorrow. I rushed back to church (I wanted get to the mall to get the phone problem taken care of), turned on Sister Maria, threw her in reverse, and noticed the green Camery behind me. Close one. I hopped out of the car and as I headed toward the office, Nancy came out and moved her car for me. At the Verizon Kisok, the girl informed me that my problem was a common one she has seen, and that I should head downstairs to the Verizon store and get it taken care of. FORTY minutes later, the customer service man told me that it was my fault and that my particular model of phone was not under the normal 1 year warranty (I've had this one since last June), but he could give me another for $50. Thanks for believing me, buddy. Also, somewhere along the line I missed a few phone calls, one informing me that my thursday job is cancelled, and wasted about 15 minutes trying to get unofficial transcripts that I can actaully just print offline from my house.
Good thing I don't have lack of sunshine depression on top of it all, or this might have turned into a bad day.

5 comments:

lyss said...

that's quite the list of ... annoying unplanned-for things...i know there's a better word for that somewhere. hope tomorrow's better.

Josh said...

your posts are getting quite lengthy

Lola Bacon said...

I like lengthy posts. They entertain me while I am at work.

Pamela Joy said...

I too noticed the length - you must have broken all kinds of rules with this one. But for good cause. Ranting IS a good cause.
Cell phone situations SUCK. Seriously. I'm sorry. I totally expected them to be more helpful than they were with me - and it WAS my fault - no one even TRIED to fix my phone until I went to a non-verison store in Corvallis.
in other news P.A.M. is the "portland are museum" - not just a very emphatic spelling of my name - for any out of towners who wondered. Although I to disply German expressionism... but only when I get angry.

Anonymous said...

I really keep thinking you're going to say "grr...roar..meow"! ~t