2.8.06

Bailar

Tonight in Spanish class, besides working on preterit and imperfect tenses, we shared about "una reunion de familia". I was previously unaware of this assignment. (I learned a lot really fast.) The closest thing to a recent family reunion that I could come up with was the wedding of my cousin Nate last saturday. While discussing (mostly in English) who was there, what we ate, did, etc, I came accross a very lovely and useful word: bailar (to dance). Other useful words (had I gotten any further) might have included divertido (funny), loco (crazy), espalda (back) and dolor (pain).
Dancing is my favorite way to end a wedding reception. It was a lovely wedding, a beautiful/delicious reception, and a very entertaining dance party. I now think my favorite kind of dancing to watch is funky-dancing-while-holding-small-children. My cousins and their way too cute kids invented some great moves. As, I might add, did I - that little ball of cuteness is my cousin once removed (hah - figure that out), Annette. She was too tired to move, but wanted to make sure she got her share of dancing in. We spun and jumped and dipped and swayed until cousin Allison almost fell over.
But it was so much fun.

3 comments:

Pamela Joy said...

One night at the park boys camp the boys were all gathered around listening to regatron music - as they almost always are - and they called over, "PamEla, baila!" And so, being me, I of course did. They thought it was hilarious and so then for the rest of the camp, no matter where we were - in the kitching, on the bus, on top of a mountian, they would call out "PamEla, baila!"

emelina said...

and pictures from first thursday...?

Allison said...

Patience, my child.