8.11.07

Secondhand Conversation.

So yesterday I was walking across campus and, as usual, there were some guys walking a few paces behind me having an audible, rather - loud, conversation. (People here don't seem too concerned with privacy - prime example? a woman not 50 feet away from us in the parking lot yelling on her cell at her S.O.) What made me chuckle, though, as I made my way to class, was their topic (and hearing the adamant chastisement of peers).
This is what I heard:

"You know what? You gotta throw those things away - you are gona have cancer by the time you're like, 40. No, no - you wont: you'll have tar in your lungs. So much tar that when you try to get up and walk you'll sound like this *kaahhhck glehack hack kag*. And do you think that's attractive? No! No it's not attractive. And when you marry Lisa and you can't quit - wait, you won't marry Lisa. No one will marry you! You'll have to find someone else who smokes and that is not attractive, is it? That's right!..."

You heard the man! Quit!



2 comments:

emelina said...

Yesterday I overheard a girl assuring her cell phone "But you're a PROCRASTINATOR. You put things off. That's just what you DO."
Well, I guess if you explain it THAT way...

Court said...

it's amazing what you hear on campus if you just listening. Mind you most of the time I feel like I'm the one that most people are listening to and laughing at.