14.1.08

First Day of School

Oh my. The first day of school comes so often. It sounds momentous and then it just comes and goes.
I bought a bag full of strange things today, and a few bags of normal things, for strange purposes. The first contained things such as Duralar, transfer paper, a window scraper, a Bone folder, Yes glue and a brayer. The second bag held things like vegetable oil, baby powder, wax aper, cotton swabs and paper towels. The first bag held printmaking items all new to me and was purchased at City Art in the Vista where people are helpful and friendly and the prices aren't bad. The second bag came from Walmart, also for printmaking, apparently for printmaking cleanup. Who knew.
I went through most of the day without eating. I had felt sick when I woke up, so I didn't eat. Then I didn't get home till well after lunch, when I then just wanted a nap. So tonight I was going to cook chicken, but discovered that it takes forever to thaw. And after reading all sorts of scary things on the internet, I stuck them in the fridge to do the rest of their thawing, and proceeded to wipe down all the kitchen with Clorox wipes (we don't as of yet have bleach at the apartment). Now I'm cooking cornbread muffins. They look alright so far, although the cornmeal scared me a bit at first because it has little dark black and reddish flakes in it that look almost like bugs, but the pictures on the front have the same thing so I'm guessing it's okay. And it's brand new.
Hopefully everything will turn out alright.

No comments: