29.1.08

Hunting

Tonight, in lieu of doing school homework, I decided to work on another bit of homework - wedding homework. I've been meaning to look at patterns and fabric for my bridesmaids dresses for some time but haven't gotten around to it. Wow. Have I ever been missing out. There are some amazing patterns out there for all you ambitious seamstresses.
Among the few cute ones, I found countless dresses of considerable levels of hideousness. I'd like to share of few of my favorites with you.
Here we have the timeless Tartan, structured dress - with a little swoop in the neck for all you daring ones. Who ever was allowed to put that fabric and that design together?

This pattern is for all those who wish to look 8 months pregnant. Have we not learned from "What not to wear" that one should never wear flowing top with flowing bottom? Why would those pieces ever be brought together on one model?

This is even better - it is so lovely they couldn't bear to put it on a real person... or even try sewing it for real. Perhaps, if you were a French model living in New Jersey in the 1960s where you frequently attended garden parties - maybe - you could wear this. But wait, this pattern was not in the vintage section so no one should ever find an excuse to wear it.


I'm not sure I can even add something to this. Angel - nightgown - costume - thing?

But this one... this one takes the cake. Or maybe it IS the cake. A funeral cake for Count von... Victorian... Queen Isabella?

1 comment:

lyss said...

OH my gosh. That last girl could wear one of her own sleeves for a coctail dress, I'm pretty sure. These are Vogue patterns? I'm curious about the ones that didn't make it, haha.

But...