16.1.08

What to buy?

So I'm checking out software to purchase for my photography classes. Originally I was going to purchase Adobe Creative Suite, but now I'm considering dropping the suite programs (indesign and co.) and purchasing Photoshop and Lightroom. Now, I don't know...

For those who don't know anything about any of those products. The Suite is actually 4 (5?) programs that can produce any type of image for any type of print (no website design) media production. The thing is I only know how to use Photoshop in the suite While the other option is Photoshop and Lightroom which are together the ultimate photo digital darkroom. Lightroom as a large file management/photo editing program and photoshop the beefy digital photo creation program. Hmm...

2 comments:

lyss said...

oh man, i'm drooling a little. i don't know anything about digital, but i'm excited that YOU get to be taking those classes at least! post lots of pictures.

OffBelay said...

I have played with Lightroom and Aperture both, They fill the same niche in software (they are designed to compete with one another) and I liked Aperture better. Lightroom worked just fine you just had to take several steps to do some things you could do in 1 or 2 in Aperture (color correction for instance) You might take a look and see which one works better for you.