21.1.08

Intro to Printmaking

My first project in Printmaking is a Linocut.
Linocuts generally look like woodcuts; they use the same tools and techniques, and often use the same styles.
I'm a big fan of German Expressionism and love the look that can be produced and the expressive abilities of the medium.
The title of the project is Self-Portrait as Evil Doppleganger (aka: a drawing of me as my complete opposite). It has been mentioned to me that my opposite is perhaps a sorority girl, so I'm going with that idea. The image is supposed to be dynamic, from about waist up, and including hands.
I've done a few preliminary drawings, and I'm getting excited for the actual cutting and printing process.

[Here's a picture I found of my boy Picasso working on a Linocut.]

1 comment:

emelina said...

um, pardon my enthusiasm, [i'm just in one of those moods. and it's monday. go figure] but that sounds FREAKIN' SWEET. i can't wait to see the finished product.