1.9.08

Comfort Food

So last night Josh and I spent thing evening/night distracting/entertaining our friends Nathan and Jody while they waited for their parents to arrive from Seattle. We had arranged an exchange: they provide dinner, we provide Quelf (it seems to be the one thing we are consistently capable of).
Their contribution of dinner consisted of homemade chicken pot pie. Delish. While discussion the food, it was mentioned how pot pie is a wonderful comfort food. "Word"
As I walked in to Costellos this morning, I was again struck with the idea of comfort food. Not being Southern, my comfort food is probably a little different: sushi for summer comfort, mexican soup works for fall comfort food. Costellos is comfort food any day of the year. And even more comfort than just food - walking in to find friendly baristas who know who I am, Florence and Barcelona on the screens, Caffe Umbria espresso in my americano, and friendly patrons, asking to join me with their macs and dells at my table.
Perfect comfort breakfast on a sweater wearing first day of September.

1 comment:

Elleah said...

We know a couple from our cell group named Nathan and Jodi (except she spells it with an "i")...I think that's interesting.