11.9.08

One Month

As of Tuesday, Josh and I have been married for a whole month now. It sounds so short, but each week feels like a month (hey sort of like Capernwray) with all the things we've had to do, learn and figure out. Incidentally, we spent our one month anniversary in court. Or rather, I did - I had to serve jury duty for the first time. I've been putting it off for four years so I figured I'd just get it done. (It wasn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, btw.)
I had thought about writing a post about different things we like/have learned, etc, in our month of being married (people ask us about that all the time - such a pointless question, really - as if we're really going to sit down and tell you about it), but as I was thinking about it that night, I realized my favorite thing - something that sort of sums up why I'm glad we've been married, even if only for a month: standing in the bedroom door brushing my teeth, talking theology and philosophy of God (are they the same thing?) with Josh. I also love that I was brushing with all natural toothpaste from Trader Joe's (we're addicted - to TJ's that is, not the toothpaste... we're only just getting used to that), and that the conversation stemmed from our small group study of Hebrews: God always provides, if not always in our most conventional ideas.

4 comments:

Em said...

Yeah, i'm so happy for you two :)!

Pamela Joy said...

Oh marraige. Saying goodnight and staying together. Deep conversations while brushing your teeth. How perfectly wonderful.
I'm glad you get to go first, I can grill you for advice in about 9 months...

Megs said...

happy first month anniversary! Wow...a month. that's awesome. love you.

Allison said...

/hug