27.12.04

Hm... Reality Check

I always thought that I had a decent grasp of reality. I understood that America is not the only country in the world of interest, that people are people every where you go, and that there really is a war going on involving real people.
But about an hour ago I stepped out into a parkinglot and wondered if maybe the loud noise I was hearing could be attributed to more construction in the area. No. It was a helicopter bearing wounded. The hospital that we were at evidently patches up the majority of injured Americans from the Middle East. The guy walking down the hall with the sling on his arm wasnt hurt playing football. Neither was the kid with the crutch and the limp in the cafeteria.
What a way to spend Christmas. I feel humbled for my lack of gratitude.

No comments: