4.12.04

last weekend.

Amazing how time flies. It's already the last weekend before Christmas break at Capernwray. So weird.
Next week we'll all be split up and scattered all over the world. Some to not return.
This Christmas is for learining. Learning what Christmas actaully is, not just enjoying the traditions and familiar festivities, but actually paying attention to the "true meaning" (if I can be allowed to use the cliche).
Every year I say that's what I'm going to focus on, but this year I have no choice; here I am, not in Ptown, not at home, not with my family, not with Pioneer Square, not with Peacock Lane, not with Mt Hood, not with TBC, not with The Grotto, not with Lloyd Center, not with my usual collection of books, music, wrapping paper, and gift exchanges. But the things that aren't just my warm cozy traditions are still going to be with me on Christmas - Luke 2, Isaiah 9. And there will be some new experiences that should be exciting... Christmas Eve service in German, extra bonding time with Tracy, all sorts of good things.
God knows best and I'm excited for my upcoming Christmas experience and yours, too. *hugs*

1 comment:

emelina said...

mili, this truly, out of everything you've written, brought tears to my eyes.
i miss you incredibly much, but your words are a great reminder to keep my focus on Jesus this Christmas and not all the feelings that tend to "make Christmas real" for me.
I still want to do all those wonderful things: eat fudge, fight with my sisters about who gets to sit directly in front of the fire, cuddle with my sisters, dog, and one of my mom's quilts, pray for snow every night, and whine about the 1 hour loop of annoying pop christmas songs at work. :)
keep it up, lady. you'll be back here before you know it, so learn all you can in this other world that God has placed you in right now.
Em*