28.7.07

Recap.

This is the point in the summer that I usually consider the halfway point. Plenty of time left to go the beach, read books, etc. This summer, however, I am looking at less than four more weeks before school starts. These four weeks being very, very busy, I'm not sure how much more reading I will be able to accomplish. But who know - I do have a plane ride ahead of me... well, maybe not: Rose and I are flying together so we probably won't be reading.
So, here is the booklist: those in italics I have read or am in the middle of, and the rest... well, considering I don't actually own any of them, the prospects are rather grim; those with asterisk's were not originally on the list.

A Fragile Stone (Michael Card)

The Bookseller of Kabul (Asne Seierstad)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Rowling)
Everybody's Normal Till You Get to Know Them (John Ortberg)
The Periodic Table (Primo Levi)
Six Walks in the Fictional Woods (Ecco)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
Mr Campion's Quary (Margery Allingham)
Never Let Me Go (Kazuo Ishiguro)
A Wizard of Earthsea (LeGuin)
Orsinian Tales (LeGuin)
Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)
A Movable Feast (Hemingway)
The Man in the High Castle (Philip K. Dick)
VALIS (Dick)
The Castle of Crossed Destinies (Italo Calvino)
Cosmicomics (Calvino)
The Dispossessed (LeGuin)
Always Coming Home (LeGuin)
Knight's Gambit (Georges Perec)
A Void (Perec)

2 comments:

Josh said...

what do you think about a wizard of earthsea?

Allison said...

it's pretty cool. i like her story telling style, though it seems pretty disconnected from the characters.