7.2.08

Sweetness.

I was kind of irritated with the world tonight, so as I sat in film discussion after class, I felt very antagonistic and was probably scowling. At the end of class the teacher announced he was showing us our papers from last week (I thought we weren't getting them back till after midterms) and he said he had graded us on a scale from 1 - 10. He wanted to read us some titles so we know what a good topic is, but that we all did well - between 7 and 10. I waited eagerly to hear if my topic was read. No luck. Then, when I got my paper back, it had a 10 circled on the top, and three, scrawled notes. Two of my classmates who I sort of actually know had received 9 1/2 and he told them "great paper". One of them asked why he only got a 9 1/2 if it was so good, and he replied, "well it wasn't *that* good - I only gave out one 10".
It's amazing how fast your day can improve.
Then one of the 9 1/2s told me I should go back to Portland and take my fiancee with me if he's anything like me. He loves to talk trash. It was fun.
Now I'm eating beef barley soup and attempting to finish my French history paper.

3 comments:

Janice said...

i replied to your book comment on my blog. allison, you know why i love you? well, for a lot of reasons, but one of the little reasons is that you like to comment on things i say. and they're always something good, not those silly comments where people don't actually say anything. also, josh is a boy, so he is your fiance.

Allison said...

oh dear. i was so sure i took that second 'e' off. oh well we all know he's a boy and our language doesn't require gender agreement all the time. but that's for noticing. hehe.

lyss said...

The only 10! That's awesome!