27.6.08

Medieval Portland Projects

2 weeks into my summer session, I finally have both my objects. I am now ready for research. So far, I have not decided what I will be writing on. With bibliographies due next week, and full drafts a week and a half after that, I am feeling the pressure. I think once I have some books to look at I'll be able to dive right in.
My first object, "Leaf from an Italian manuscript: Palm Sunday processional" (Florence, Italy, 15th century), was a bit of a surprise and set me a tad nervous for the class.
My second, "Female Martyred Saint", which I had the pleasure of making a trip to the Portland Art Museum to view, looks much less intimidating.
We'll see what I come up with.



1 comment:

lyss said...

so i'm lame and i've been having a great time trying to decode the latin...