23.6.08

Weekend Adventures

Saturday morning Alyssa and I set off to scour the metro area for "treasures" (wedding decorations and household items at estate sales). We shared a pint of frensh, Hood strawberries and sauntered through rows of antique dishes, old clothes and various kitch. Alyssa was drawn to old dictionaries and decanters while I gravitated toward lamps and old prints. It was quite lovely. We laughed at odd junk and wondered at the amount of dishes people accumulate over a lifetime.
Our great finds of the weekend included a small sofa bed, 2 ceramic bowls, a large antique milk container, 3 glass vase-type items, a dictionary from 1950, a large bookshelf, and two vintage chairs that need a little love.
Now all we need is an apartment.
..

2 comments:

Em said...

so fun!! I got a chair for my room from an auction we went to (you probably already new that) but anyway like i said so fun (and exciting))

lyss said...

Ah, estate saling and local produce. So fun! Let's go again!

I looked my word up in the online Oxford English Dictionary, and apparently some of the word parts were originally greek. I don't like that Ms. Estate Sale knew that and I didn't. But I ended up with the rad dictionary, so I'm still the winner. :D