10.2.09

We Do a Fair Bit of Reading

The story of my reading of this book is rather painful.
I got it at the library last summer, but someone had a hold on it (how dare they!) so halfway through it I had to choose between a fine, and leaving off halfway through. We were quite broke over the summer
. Then, I got it for Christmas - yay! But then we went out of town and things like that. I was starting to think I would never finish it. Then, over the last week or week and a half, I started it up again, only to discover that hgtv is just like all the other channels and puts its shows on the internet. No reading. But there is a happy ending - Sunday night I closed the computer, sat down on the couch, and finished the book. It was lovely.
Here are two of my favorite quotes from the begining of the second time I came back to the book.

"...for he considered books as rather like birds and it saddened him to see them caged or still" -p102

"In fact, his love for this arboreal element made him, as all real loves do, become merciless even to the point of hurting, wounding and amputating so as to help growth and give shape" -p103

No comments: