4.6.06

The Middle Stretch

If this were the first stretch, I'd be okay. I'd have my energy, my motivation, my ideas, my eloquence flowing like the Tigris and the Euphrates... okay... it's not quite that great, but I would at least have my vain hope that accomplishment and success were in sight.
If this were the final stretch, I'd be even better. With the end in sight I can convince myself to fight the urge to go make more tea or wander off to another project. Or I can allow myself to hope to finish the paper before midnight.
But, here, in the middle... I check the word count every 50 or 75 words and go eat some more raisins.

3 comments:

emelina said...

the world cup is starting soon. i miss torre's giant tv rental and all the games in the background. maybe costello's would show it.

as soon as you get through the middle and towards the end, we can hang out. so hurry up!

Janice said...

allison my love, make more tea. because the more tea you drink, the more you'll have to pee, and that is a perfectly valid excuse to take breaks. it works, trust me! haha i love you.

Megs said...

oh the imfamous word count. how i know it well....arg.