13.9.04

Color vs. Fear

Today I bought green luggage locks and yellow luggage tags. It's all very obnoxious, but I like it. I think. I like the bright colors, at least; the idea of luggage locks makes me a little bit uptight. Like having locks means things are less than safe, and people are less than trustworthy. I know that's how it is, but up to date I have never locked my luggage and have never had trouble. (If my luggage was gone through without my permission, it was done so by TSA and then ziptied, which actually does not bother me in the least.) (Yes, I know the UK is different.) Usually I am not a person who is scared and paranoid about people running off with my things, and I know this is just a safety percaution, but it still upsets me. The buying of the borderline hideously bright green and yellow items must have been my subconscience attempting to go into happycheery mode. It might work for me, though. Who knows, maybe I'll enjoy my black luggage with the neon accessories so much that I'll match it; you know, like those people who match their pets. Muahahaaa - and no one can stop me by saying 'Look, I'm not walking with you if you look like that" because I'm doing this by myself. But then again, I dont know if I could handle myself like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

take a picture of your luggage and post it for us to see :) maybe you can wear black and neon green in the pic! <3 t