30.7.06

All Things Southern

A smattering of photos.
Dedicated to my dear friend Rose, with whom I first ventured to the South.Columbia, SC. Check out that muggy haze, ya'll.
I know it's only a painting, but it still looks Southern, doesn't it?Right downtown. What would southern businessmen do without fried chicken and sweet tea on their lunchbreaks?Hehe.While we're on the food topic ... Atlanta Bread Company!! Yay.Huh. A beach where people need umbrellas to shade them from the sun. And they don't fly away. Amazing.And what would the south be without a hot southern gentleman. And... sunburned noses (the particular reason for this photo).

Note: Alas, I thought too late of taking a picture of a disgustingly large truck with a confederate battle flag on it. The montage is desperately lacking. I am sorry. Next time.

2 comments:

Emma Rose said...

It's a waffle house! :)

Yay for the South. Thanks for coming home and bringing pictures! (k)

Em said...

ya'll...I love it!!