30.7.06

Can I Sleep... ?

Sitting on a hardwood floor with Stuart under my hands, the world at my fingertips, I ponder my location. Usually I am one to stay in one place night after night. If I'm tired, I go home to sleep rather than crash where I'm at. But in the last week and a half, I have been on two vacations, causing me to find myself asleep in a living room, an office and a hotel room, with two nights (and no days) in between at home. In a few days I will find myself sleeping in yet another room and another bed and another house, and possibly, using another computer. It's all well and good, and even fun, though I am currently left with a feeling of displacement - the open, half filled suitcase on the floor remaining out of convenience rather than sloth as a reminder.
Ah, but there are clothes on my bed. Where ever there are clothes on the bed I can be assured it is mine...
and I will go find somewhere else to sleep.

No comments: