18.7.06

The Ultimate

Last night I had possibly the ultimate geek dream.
The setting: picture Starwars plus Startrek set in some rural town in the 1800s.
The characters: me as Queen Amidala (that's right) and Danny as Mace Windoo. The small difference being that I looked like Natalie Portman, while Danny looked like Danny - not Samuel L Jackson. I'm not 100% sure I looked like Natalie Portman, but I know I was short. And there was also your usual array of "bad guys" and random children. Oh, and Spock, as a bad guy. I can't decide if Danny was on my side or what, though... he would be running around with me, and then only halfway help out with fighting the bad guys. He'd sort of stand there and watch or comment, but not really help.
The plot: Well, that's uncertain. My dreams don't often have clear storylines. I know we were against some "bad guys" but in sort of a Batman sort of style: we would traverse the area and stop people from being mean, pretty much, but I'm pretty sure there was an underlying conspiracy. I remember being in a hurry often and being really annoyed that we didn't have speeder bike things (like in Return of the Jedi) - we just had kid sized bikes (this may have come out of the fact I had to ride one for about half an hour yesterday). Sometimes, though, terrain permitting, we swung around on vines like monkeys. Not sure about the Starwars/Startrek connection on that one. Unfortunately, I woke up before the dream ended at all, but I recall being in something of a tight situation, so maybe it was better that way.

P.S. - Thanks so much to everyone who wished me a happy birthday yesterday: it was fantastic. And to kick off 22 I'm headed out of town. Yay.

2 comments:

Pamela Joy said...

Ally! I`m so sorry I didn´t wish you happy birthday yet! I suck, but I am wishing you it today and have been thinking of you and praying for you and plotting our your present in my mind all day, so know that I love you! And hooooooray for leaving for So Car.
I love you oh so very much,
love,
Pamela

lyss said...

What a great dream! I've had some geek dreams lately, or, nerd dreams actually...if there's a difference... But your dream takes the cake! I'm sitting in the corner of an otherwise silent computer lab laughing! haha
ahh...thanks for that.