6.7.06

Hm. Challenge.

Penguins, "Britain's favourite sandwich biscuit bar", are difficult to eat when fresh out of the fridge. I was not aware this would be the case, when I excitedly removed the long red packet after steeping my teabag and preparing myself for deliciousness. But yes, I left the biscuit in the tea riskily long... I was afraid of loosing the bottom half before I tasted any tea on my lips. I would recommend to let them sit before dunking them.

I don't believe I have ever read the explanation of the Penguin name before today. It deserves sharing:

People have been p-p-picking up Penguins since 1932, and today Britain pecks its way through 430 million of them every year. But the question everyone asks is, how come they're called Penguins? Well, a biscuit this good has to be named after something a bit special. And when you can reach over a metre tall, swim at 30 miles an hour and go tobogganing on your tummy, you're a pretty cool bird. In fact, the only thing a penguin can't do is fly. And spookily enough, neither can Penguin bars. So does that mean Penguins and penguins have lots in common?
Not really. Just don't try keeping the wrong kind in your lunchbox.

3 comments:

Pamela Joy said...

haha. I´ve been eating lots of penguins out of the fridge cuz that´s where we keep most things around here.
Last night Bethany and I watched march of the penguins. Crazy stuff. We thoroughly enjoyed it. I think the biscut company should do their own version as an advertisment (I hope you read that word with the correct british accent) that´d be a good one.

Josh said...

It'd be rather freaky to have a penguin pop out of your lunchbox

Pastor Evan said...

mmm.....penguins. you know every now and then, mr shreck can verify, in the zoo, papa would sit on the dresser and cut us slices of german sausage. mmm.....food is nice