23.5.07

Firsts and Lasts

Spring is often thought of as a time for new things (what with all the pollen producing flowers and multiplying rabbits). This spring I tried something new: disc golf. I think I had the most fun because I got to throw my frisbee the most. Some people call that loosing, but whatever man - I still got to do the most throwing, which is good or I most likely would have been completely bored. Thank goodness for good company (Jon, Christina, Andi, and Josh).
But sadly, Spring is also a time for lasts: the last snowboard trip of the season.

This particular last, though,
included some firsts. Josh learned to ride switch (sort of). I learned that I'm getting old. There was another very cool first on today's trip to the mountain: a rainbow around the sun.
Yeah, never seen anything quite like it. The photo, of course, does not do it justice. Though the photo of Josh and I does do justice to the great brightness of the sun today. All our squinting did not make for beautiful pictures. We sort of gave up on getting a good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When in the world did you frisbee golf? Those pics are awesome...

Megs said...

hahaha I was going to comment on something else in the post but got too distracted by the beautiful squinting picutre... HAHAHa I love it! and yoU!