16.5.07

Twilight Ether

One of my favorite places in the city is atop the Marquam Bridge heading North. There is always a beautiful surprise awaiting me whether rain, fog, night, day, sun, noon, night. All of downtown, most of the bridges, the Willamette, the Rose Quarter, Hood, and Helens are all, generally, visible.
Tonight was a special treat. On my way home from church, via Josh's apartment, I drove across the bridge while the sun was setting. Downtown was covered in a pinkish glow with yellow and soft orange behind. Portland looked quite like Queen Frostine's Ice Cream Sea. And St Helens looked like Mt Fuji.
Candy Land and Japan, coming together in my town.

4 comments:

Josh said...

you actually remember the detailed colors of that game? Wow.

lyss said...

That's great! haha

Allison said...

You must not forget that I am a nanny by profession and that children's board games are a part of my life on a regular basis. mi

emelina said...

yaaaaaaaaaay candyland!