10.5.07

I Want to Be a Loofah

I remember toward the end of Capernwray Winter school Rob or someone talked about how we might be feeling like wet sponges - so full of Bible and information that we feel like we can't absorb anymore and so we just start shedding it off. I believe he told us that and followed it up with encouraging us to hold on and not miss the last few weeks of school. I recall quite vividly how that felt, and how I did not open my Bible once on Spring Break. (I'm not saying I enjoyed not reading the Bible - I actually missed it - but I felt that I couldn't read anymore without my head popping or something.)
I think maybe something similar is going on right now in my brain, though not just the Bible, but written word in general. Last night I read some Caribbean Lit, some Bible, and some Harry Potter before bed. I currently remember nothing of either of those three things. I have no idea what I read. This morning wasn't much better, either. On the bus I read my two articles for Women in the Middle East. The first soaked in a tad, but even as I was reading the second it was leaving me. I could almost see it dripping off the pages onto the floor, escaping my brain entirely.
Maybe this weekend of fun will squeeze my spongy grey matter out enough so I can make it through the rest of Spring Quarter

3 comments:

lyss said...

I hear ya. That image of the words sliding off on to the floor is fantastic! Well done.

My brain also feels completely saturated...or even supersaturated, like when you heat water so it will hold more salt, and then if you cool the water off too quickly, all the salt reconstitutes and sinks to the bottom and is no longer incorporated in the water. You know what I mean? Well...I know what I mean at least.

We're almost done! Only...several whole weeks left! :)

Pamela Joy said...

Man, toward the end of school I couldn't read hardly anything, but I could write even less. My last 3 or so papers were just the mostly fluffy dribbly work I ever wrote all year - this term involved a LOT of writing, which for the most part made me way better at it, until the end... and then I just... stopped.
Somehow I managed to pull off A's though! No idea how that happened.
Women in the middle east sounds soo incredibly fascinating. I will see you tomorrow!!!

Megs said...

did it work did it work!??!?! Awe ally cat i love you soo much, thanks again for a spectacular weekend.