8.6.05

I Go to a Real School, too - I swear!

Because it's finals week at Tauernhof, too.
That's right.
They sprang a book review and a memory verse test on us last minute. Oh dear... that means half an hour answering questions like "what percentage of the book did you read?", or "what new thing did you learn from this book?" and "what 5 *different* points do you think the author was trying to make?" - that last one's a toughy because the author only had ONE POINT. That is not a lie.
Also, the schedule is just all whack. We have only optional sports day today (which means of course that no one's going to do anything unless they go run or play footy). Also, we had three lectures this morning instead of 2 + outreach prep. We hardly know what to do with ourselves.
And friday night is graduation.
I don't really know what it means to graduate from 8 weeks of life changing Bible reading, lectures, conversations with God, conversations with new friends and people we won't see again (or in "80 years tops" in the words of Rob Cox), and hiking (etc) in the Alps. Graduate? I hope I continue doing this (only in a different location) forever.
So maybe it's not a real school, after all. It's just better. Heck yes.
So now I'm off to do a little packing. Or to get chewed out for packing so soon, but my sanity is at stake here.
Or maybe I should study...
Nah.

2 comments:

Lola Bacon said...

packing... graduation... I sense a homecoming.... I think I feel dinner invitation coming on...

Josh said...

you will have culture shock... and everything that happened was real, even if it doesn't feel like. Can't wait to talk.