24.6.05

What is the Connection

...between running and blogging. I seem to only do one when I do the other.

I realized something this morning, as I ran through my neighborhood. I realized that words don't matter nearly so much as I ever thought. It so takes me back when people say things to me and I understand them, that I hesitate and probably come off either looking stupid or rude. So my instincts that have been bred in the last few months show themselves.
An old man was working in his yard and when he made some comment in reference to taking up the whole sidewalk y or something, I just smiled and produced some sort of affirmative noise and kept on my way. It was totally acceptable and worked out just fine. (I did have to bite my tongue to keep from saying "Gruss Gott")
This is the exact same thing we did every time we walked the Tallback or ran down by the river. We always just assumed that people were commenting on the weather, so we'd smile, nod and say "ja".
It doesn't matter what you so or really if it even has anything to do with the actual topic, just as long as you respond and smile.
Thankfully that's working here as well, or re-entry into suburban America would be entirely too difficult.

4 comments:

Lola Bacon said...

You are home, and I am not hanging out with you. what is wrong with this picture?

Allison said...

Email me with your phone number (or do i have it... *thinks*) because I just talked with Skylarr and we want to call Adam and Whipple and crash your house some time this week, k? k. 0:D

Lola Bacon said...

well... if you want to get Adam in on it, it had better be tonight. He's moving tomorrow.

Lola Bacon said...

oh, and I approve of the Skylarr factor. I havne't seen that kid in ahwile.