18.6.05

THE Topic of Conversation

At Capernwray, and then Tauernhof, the main topic of conversation, it seemed, was food.
Good food, bad food, not enough food, too much food, what we missed food, what we loved food, what was healthy food, what we call food.
Everyone loved to go into great detail about what they would eat as soon as they got home. Now home with all the lovely Mexican, Japanese, Healthy and anything home cooked that I could want at my disposal, I have no appetite. Is that not just out of control?
I think it probably had something to do with not eating too much in Paris, and staying up for 3 days (or however long that was) and being off schedule. I hadn't thought of how being so tired would mean that in order for my body to stay awake and get me through the day, the energy it takes to eat and digest food is too great to muster.
I look at the enchilada, the apple, the waffles and wish I could eat more than half. What I would have given for some of this for (for free!) over the last 9 months.
Hehe ... so ironic, isn't it.

2 comments:

janakianne said...

hey welcome home!

Pamela Joy said...

You may not get this post since it's pretty far down... but I had the exact same experience Ally! I could think back to all those things that I so desprately longed for and nothing sounded apetizing. It's been almost 2 weeks now and I still don't care about eating all that much. Seriously... where's my mulsi and nuttela!