29.6.05

I Suck at this Game

I tell ya, this blogging thing just hasn't been happening the last few days. Haven't been home enough / haven't been bord enough, I guess.
Anyway...
Today I really sensed that I was in Oregon. Some days it's almost like this place I live could be anywhere else, but not today.
Today I saw a guy with shorts, a sweater, white athletic socks and birks.
I also saw a book entitled "Build your own Goddess".
And a bumper sticker that read: i love wood.
And a guy wearing one of those hippy beanies (though it was probably about 80 out), riding a bike, stopped by the house I nanny at and went through their "free pile" (left over from a yard sale) and picked up stuff. He was riding a bike. I still don't know where he put that stuff.
I feel very at home.

3 comments:

Lola Bacon said...

No, you are great at blogging! I love all the pictures, and this post totally made me laugh out loud, even though I am at work.

emelina said...

dude, we are so on the same page. i was sitting in my psych class last night, counting the percentage of adults that we wearing socks with sandals. it made me laugh.
and it was a disturbingly high percentage. [don't remember it anymore.]
Is the Montage still open? if so, we need to hit it up for some foil animals.

Lola Bacon said...

Montage! I am so there. I wonder if Peter is still there... speaking of, Bob has an ex-coworker or friend that had a gigantic cruch on him for a long time. Ha.