19.11.05

Battle Scars

So, nannying poses more of a danger to my health than I thought.
Last night I was playing footy in the street with Evan, 10, and Graham, 6. Graham and I were kicking the ball around and we ran into each other. I, of course, was concerned with him and making sure he didn't fall, and in the process totally just splatted myself on the asphalt, splitting my jeans and scraping up my knee. So funny. So painful, actually. It made me feel old because as I was driving home 5 hours later my knees were still aching.
I remember the days when I scraped myself up like that on a weekly basis and I was fine.
Or the months of snowboarding when I was sore everytime I went from all the crashing and biffing. Oh wait - maybe that's why it is that
now I am sore for so long.

2 comments:

Megs said...

oh man i hear ya, but its interesting how hurting yourself makes you feel alive. sounds weird, granted, but it rarely happens *comparitivly haha* and when it does like your new "battle scar" it's like oh i'm able to feel that kind of pain...anyways, i'm really tired. love you.

Leslie Puiras said...

I forgot you're a nanny too! oh man.. we should swap stories.. or start a separate blog FOR our nanny stories.