27.11.05

I Think I Will Die for Lack of Snowboarding



Ohhh how I want to be there in that beautiful whiteness... flying down the slopes, through the trees and over the rollers.
I was driving on I-84W tonight and thought my senses had been decieved - Snow? blowing accross the road? No... but... that's what it looked like. Lo and behold, in the next lane and up a few cars was a caravan of vehicles bearing racks and boxes of snow equpment and the residual piles of snow piled up over the duration of a day snowboarding and being stuck in traffic on Hwy26. The snow was falling to the ground in chunks and pow, blowing across the lanes as naturally as if it were a freshly groomed Green run, only to disappear between speeding tires and hard cement. Alas, so dies my first snow of the season. So taunting, so tempting are the $7 night ski tickets for Meadows this wednesday and thursday. If only I didn't care so much about writing a decent essay! Perhaps I will grit my teeth and fork over the $48 in desperation for the preservance of my sanity.
Such is the life of a student in winter.

2 comments:

Court said...

That is the very same feeling I had when I friend all went last week and I was in math class. AHhhhhhh! I love that our hill has a free day every bloody year and I don't go because I'm in school. ahhhh. My board is begging to be ridin. Soon my dear friend soon. For it is snowing again today in the city.

emelina said...

Enjoy your time tonight! I'm so happy you get to go. The ground is frozen and the flakes are coming down hard right now...it's sticking! Sooo...I may be flying down a few hills of my own tonight. But on saga lunch trays, not a snowboard, of course. ;)